Die Schöne Müllerin – Not a word about my sad face
NOTE: Presale price only 3.300ISK
Price will go up to 4.400ISK once showrun starts
Die Schöne Müllerin (The beautiful miller girl) is one of the worlds most beloved set of poems of Franz Schubert’s music to the poems are among the pearls of classical music. An innocent miller boy falls in love with the beautiful miller girl and his whole world starts shaking, nature turns against him and he loses himself. In this performance by tenor Sveinn Dúa Hjörleifsson and director Gréta Kristín Ómarsdóttir, the work is examined from the perspective of self-discovery, gender expression and humor for the world’s chaos.
The miller boy and miller girl become one in this unique drag performance beyond duality and the biggest challenge becomes loving oneself.
Cast and crew:
- Sveinn Dúa Hjörleifsson / Sacred Helga Herðubreið – Singer
- Tómas Guðni Eggertsson – Pianist
- Kristrún Hrafnsdóttir / Jenny Purr – Performer & make up artist
- Gréta Kristín Ómarsdóttir – Director
- Anna Fríða Jónsdóttir – Video design
- Stefán Ingvar Vigfússon – Lights and tech
- Elmar Þórarinsson – Technical assistance
- Sigurður Starr Guðjónsson – Hair and consulting
Höldur ehf – Akureyri car rental – Cave Canem design firm – Artist salary fund – The Icelandic Musicians Association – The Icelandic Music Fund
Social distancing options available.
Tickets available at https://tix.is/is/tjarnarbio/buyingflow/tickets/10328/