Reykjavík Tourist Information Centres
What’s On runs two Reykjavík tourist information centres, providing professional service and up-to-date information to our guests. Both tourist offices are in downtown Reykjavík, right on Laugavegur. Why not stop by and say hi when you’re in town?
WHAT’S ON TOURIST OFFICES IN REYKJAVÍK
What’s On in Reykjavík operates two tourist information centres in Reykjavík city centre. What’s On strives to answer your questions regarding things to do, attractions, events, entertainment and restaurants. Our event calendar is your guide to events in Reykjavik.
Both of the What’s On tourist offices are located right on Laugavegur, Reykjavík’s main shopping street. If you’re wandering Reykjavík wondering what to do, why not say hi to our friendly staff?
Laugavegur 5 is very easy to find, located right at the intersection of Laugavegur (the main shopping street) and Skólavörðustígur (the rainbow street leading up to Hallgrímskrikja church).
Laugavegur 54 is also conveniently located, just about in the middle of Laugavegur. Around it you’ll find some of Reykjavíks best hotels, boutiques, and the Sandholt bakery – one of our favourite places to stop for a coffee and something sweet.
Bring us all your questions about Iceland – where to go, what to see and how to get there – we are the local experts! We are happy to advise on events, tours, car rentals and more. Our information agents will help you figure out the perfect plan for you – free of charge.
We assist our visitors with booking tours, activities, excursions and trips at our tourist information centres and online. We work with selected suppliers, proven to offer quality experiences and excellent services. We can inform you of a great variety of different tours, but if you have a custom wish for a tour that you have not found online, we will do our best to assist you.
We can also provide safety tips for adventurous travellers and provide guides and reading materials for your trip.
Tourist Information Centre - Main office - Laugavegur 5.
Tourist Information Centre - Laugavegur 54.
Visitors about our Reykjavík Tourist Info
- Great service, with excellent opening hours – “Great service here. Joe most helpful with all enquiries, and we had many. We even stored our luggage there, with very reasonable pricing. Well done Joe and other staff too.” – Judy M. on TripAdvisor (Sep. 2023)
- “We met Anna yesterday who was absolutely brilliant! She helped us find a helicopter ride to the volcano in an instant, which I couldn’t find after having called lots of companies already! Plus she was super helpful and gave various other suggestions. Compliments Anna – was a pleasure to have met you!” – Sameer Suneja on Google Maps (Sep. 2022)
- Trustworthy, honest, free coffee and great tours :)) – “Great advice on which trip choose, which places are worth visiting and which aren’t. They helped us with planning our trips to Golden Circle and to the South Coast. The staff member was very helpful and knowledgeable. She found the trips that were within our budget. The company which she chose for us was really good. We think this place is trustworthy. The staff members are honest and professional. I feel like they don’t want to sell you the product but make sure that you have the best experience:). The staff member also told us which places in Reykjavik to visit. They also adviced how to look for the Northern Lights properly :)) PS. Free coffee is great too” – Krzysztof and Mariia on TripAdvisor (Feb. 2023)
- “Did you book your trip to Iceland on a Friday night at 9:30 and leave on a plane the following Sunday with nothing planned in mind like we did??? Well, it’s time to walk on over here and schedule some sightseeing. We literally did what I said we did. The only thing we had planned was the Blue Lagoon. Whats On was EXTREMELY helpful in assisting us with filling up our week. I cant remember the lady’s name, but she was even making phone calls if spots were low to be sure the companies had availability before booking us. That’s customer service for you right there!!!!.” – Frankie Vasquez on Google Maps (Aug. 2023)
- Superb customer service – “We booked a full day tour for my family of 4 to the south coast and glacier lagoon. However my 9 year old son woke up with a fever on the day of the tour. He and my husband had to stay at the hotel and couldn’t go. Under this circumstance, the representatives at the customer service, Karina Anna, Judit and Salome Coste were very understanding, responsive and helpful in securing a refund for them.” – Geet on TripAdvisor (Sep. 2022)
- “Marc was friendly and extremely helpful. He gave me tips on how to navigate around Iceland, took his time answering all my questions, and recommended fun activities for me to enjoy. I didn’t think that I’d be able to see more than I’ve already had, on my last day in Iceland, but he immediately suggested a scenic day-tour for me; and I am so glad that we booked it because it was lovely. Thank you Marc.” – Sonia on Google Maps (Sep. 2022)
- The Best Tour Info Centre I’ve ever come across – “Valur Thor from What’s On went above and beyond the call of duty to provide us with solid tourist advise and memorable tours. Picturesque views and unforgettable moments. His recommendations made our trip one for the books. He’s definitely going to be part of the story of my first ever visit to Iceland. His focus on customer service bars none and checked on us even on his days off. What’s On couldn’t have hired a better tour guide. 5 days we have were packed with activities but were still not enough. Definitely coming back for a part 2! Highly recommended!” – Ralph Roque on TripAdvisor (Sep. 2022)
- “The most helpful, friendly and lovely staff. They are wonderful and really helped us out many times during our stay and with all our tourist arrangements. Thank you so much. It’s not often you visit another country and have such positive and amazing help from everyone you meet, Iceland is great!” – Sarah Williams on Google Maps (Sep. 2022)
We are happy to help you
We will do our best to answer any question you might have about Iceland.
Drop by at our Reykjavik tourist offices, send your questions or call us at: + 354 551 3600