April is a great month to visit Iceland. It’s the last month to see the northern lights before it starts getting too bright, and it’s a great time for skiing! Plus, there are plenty of cool events going on. Here are some ideas on how to spend this April in Iceland.
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
1. Be sure to check out the Reykjavík International Literary Festival, it’s in English and free of charge.
2. Go skiing or snowboarding at ski resort Bláfjöll, just 25 minutes from Reykjavík!
3. Celebrate the First Day of Summer on April 25 by eating ice cream, just like Icelanders do!
4. Try a couple local Easter beers!
5. Join a horseback riding tour through Icelandic nature.
6. Go on a whale safari from Reykjavík harbour. Be on the lookout for minke whales, humpback whales, and dolphins!
7. Buy a huge candy-filled chocolate Easter egg and celebrate Easter.
8. Go party at electronic music festival Sónar Reykjavík!
Read the What’s On April 2019 magazine here!