July is a great month to visit Iceland. It’s summer, birds flock to the island, and the sun is shining. Plus, there are plenty of cool events going on. Here are some ideas on how to spend this July in Iceland.
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
1. Spot puffins, whales or, if you’re lucky, arctic foxes.
2. Rent an electric scooter and go on a Reykjavík sightseeing tour!
3. Go to a concert at the beautiful Harpa Concert Hall.
4. Head out of town and touch a glacier.
5. Count all the Icelandic horses you see along the roads!
6. Try the new inflatable obstacle course in Laugardalur and see if you are faster than your friends.
7. See the sunrise before 03:00am!
8. If the weather is bad, visit the Sky Lagoon for a relaxing afternoon.