June is a great month to visit Iceland. Summer is coming, the country is teeming with puffins and whales, and the sun does not set. Plus, there is an active volcano on Reykjanes pensinula! Here are some ideas on how to spend this June in Iceland.
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
1. Visit the active volcano site on Reykjanes peninsula and feel the heat.
2. Hungry? Check out Reykjavík’s newest food hall Borg29.
3. Get out of town and spot all the lambs!
4. Enjoy the long days and explore the south coast.
5. Celebrate the summer solstice on June 21.
6. Get an ice cream at one of Reykjavík’s many ice cream parlours.
7. Celebrate Iceland’s National Day on June 17!
8. Do you know what a snúður is? Go to a bakery and try one.