October is a great month for seeing the famous northern lights but don’t forget to enjoy other parts of your trip while you’re here!
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
- Try some Icelandic lamb, seafood, and of course, ice cream!
- Go swimming in the local thermal pool!
- Get out of town, visit the Snæfellsnes peninsula, the Golden Circle, or the south coast!
- Stop by the National Museum and learn about Iceland’s history from 874 to the present day!
- Check out some fresh Icelandic music and find your new favourite Icelandic artist
- Drink a quality cup of coffee in a cosy café in the city centre!
- Go whale watching!