June is a great month to visit Iceland. Summer is just around the corner, the country is teeming with birds, and the sun does not set. Plus, there are plenty of cool events going on. Here are some ideas on how to spend this June in Iceland.
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
1. Celebrate Iceland’s National Day on June 17!
2. Feeling hungry? Check out one of Reykjavík’s modern food halls.
3. The puffins are here! Go see them!
4. Relive the age of settlement at the Viking Festival in Hafnarfjörður.
5. Party till the early morning at the Secret Solstice festival!
6. Enjoy the long days and explore the countryside, head to Snæfellsnes peninsula or the south coast.
7. Go for a walk along the coast and enjoy the midnight sun!
8. For a fun night out, attend a show at Harpa Concert Hall.