May is a great month to visit Iceland. It’s sunny, the puffins are back, and this year, you can visit an active eruption site. Plus, there are plenty of tours to join. Here are some ideas on how to spend this May in Iceland.
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
1. There’s an ongoing volcanic eruption on the Reykjanes peninsula! Go see it!
2. Enjoy a sunny day in one of Iceland’s geothermal pools.
3. Buy an ice cream in one of Reykjavík’s cute little ice cream parlours.
4. It’s lambing season, the perfect time to go for a farm visit.
5. Visit the Reykjavík Family Park and Zoo for a nice day out with the family.
6. Go on a whale safari from Reykjavík harbour. Watch out for minke whales, humpback whales, and dolphins!
7. Head out of town and experience Iceland’s powerful waterfalls from up close.
8. If the weather is bad, try out a museum and learn about Icelandic history and culture!