May is a great month to visit Iceland. It’s spring, crocuses and tulips are blooming, and milder weather is on the way. Plus, there are plenty of cool events going on. Here are some ideas on how to spend this May in Iceland.
While you’re checking things off the list, we encourage you to take photos, and tag them with #whatsonrvk, of course!
1. The puffins are back! Go see them!
2. Enjoy a sunny day in one of Reykjavík’s geothermal pools.
3. Get a hot dog at Bæjarins Beztu (The Town’s Best). Remember to ask for one with everything!
4. It’s lambing season, the perfect time to go for a farm visit.
5. Visit the botanical garden in Laugardalur and enjoy the flowers!
6. Go on a whale safari from Reykjavík harbour. Watch out for minke whales, humpback whales, and dolphins!
7. Head out of town and experience Iceland’s powerful waterfalls from up close.
8. If the weather is bad, book a tour and explore Iceland’s lava caves!
Read the What’s On May 2019 magazine here!